Looking for a listing of key dates, fun events and holidays to help you plan your social media content for 2020? This key dates calendar covers everything from Australian public holidays, sporting events and fun days.
This Excel document is a must-have for Australian social media community managers looking to plan for 2020. Covering January to December 2020, this calendar lists the special dates which you should keep in mind when planning content, competitions or campaigns.
This calendar includes both ‘month-long’ events (ie. Veganuary) and special days.
Specially designed for the days and dates relevant for Australians, you won’t find international calendars highlighting Clean Up Australia Day, the State Of Origin or the Ekka.
This calendar includes:
- Australian Public Holidays (National and State Level) and NSW School Holidays.
- UN observances (eg. International Day of Friendship)
- Sporting Events (eg. US Open, AFL Grand Final)
- Award Show Listings (eg. Oscars)
- Daylight Savings Changes – Australia
- Seasons / Equinox Dates
- Commemorative dates (eg. ANZAC Day)
- Silly and fun dates (eg. Talk Like A Pirate Day, Elmo’s Birthday)
It also includes links to resources which update throughout the year, including:
- Australian TV premieres
- Films in Australian cinemas
- Australian events (eg. Sydney Festival, Sculptures By The Sea)
- Community events (eg. Movember)
- US television and Netflix premiere dates
- Community health events (ie. World No Tobacco Day)
Every effort has been made to make these dates accurate at time of writing, but it is worth checking that dates haven’t moved since publication if you are going to use these events in your social media, or if the events are relevant to your industry.
For a full-scale preview of this calendar, please click here to see a screenshot.
1 x Excel Spreadsheet download
After you place your order you will be sent an email, with a link to download the document. It may go to your junk mail so please check carefully!
Last updated October 2019.
Ready to sort out your social?
Book in a free consulation call.
Let’s make magic happen for your business.
About Rachel Beaney
Rachel Beaney is an Australian freelance social media specialist with over a decade in digital media. She’s worked with global names like Microsoft, Samsung, News Corp and General Assembly, in addition to not-for-profits and government bodies. She loves helping clients solve their business needs with creative and data-driven solutions. Get in touch today to jump on a free consultation call to find out how Rachel can help you.